1. Ye, Cheng, Richard Wilson, Luca Rossi, Andrea Torsello, and Edwin Hancock. "Thermodynamic Analysis of Time Evolving Networks." Entropy 20, no. 10 (2018): 759.
2. Bai, Lu, Lixin Cui, Luca Rossi, Lixiang Xu, Xiao Bai, and Edwin Hancock. "Local-global nested graph kernels using nested complexity traces." Pattern Recognition Letters (2018).
3. Bai, Lu, Luca Rossi, Lixin Cui, Zhihong Zhang, Peng Ren, Xiao Bai, and Edwin Hancock. "Quantum kernels for unattributed graphs using discrete-time quantum walks." Pattern Recognition Letters 87 (2017): 96-103.
4. Chorley, Martin J., Luca Rossi, Gareth Tyson, and Matthew J. Williams. "Pub Crawling at Scale: Tapping Untappd to Explore Social Drinking." In ICWSM, pp. 62-71. 2016.
5. Rossi, Luca, James Walker, and Mirco Musolesi. "Spatio-temporal techniques for user identification by means of GPS mobility data." EPJ Data Science 4, no. 1 (2015): 11.
6. Rossi, Luca, Andrea Torsello, and Edwin R. Hancock. "Unfolding kernel embeddings of graphs: enhancing class separation through manifold learning." Pattern Recognition 48, no. 11 (2015): 3357-3370.
7. Bai, Lu, Luca Rossi, Zhihong Zhang, and Edwin Hancock. "An aligned subtree kernel for weighted graphs." In International Conference on Machine Learning, pp. 30-39. 2015.
8. Rossi, Luca, Matthew J. Williams, Christoph Stich, and Mirco Musolesi. "Privacy and the City: User Identification and Location Semantics in Location-Based Social Networks." In ICWSM, pp. 387-396. 2015.
9. Rossi, Luca, Andrea Torsello, and Edwin R. Hancock. "Measuring graph similarity through continuous-time quantum walks and the quantum Jensen-Shannon divergence." Physical Review E 91, no. 2 (2015): 022815.
10. Bai, Lu, Luca Rossi, Andrea Torsello, and Edwin R. Hancock. "A quantum jensen–shannon graph kernel for unattributed graphs." Pattern Recognition 48, no. 2 (2015): 344-355.
11. Rossi, Luca, and Mirco Musolesi. "It's the way you check-in: identifying users in location-based social networks." In Proceedings of the second ACM conference on Online social networks, pp. 215-226. ACM, 2014.
12. Bai, Lu, Luca Rossi, Horst Bunke, and Edwin R. Hancock. "Attributed graph kernels using the jensen-tsallis q-differences." In Joint European Conference on Machine Learning and Knowledge Discovery in Databases, pp. 99-114. Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg, 2014.
13. Lima, Antonio, Luca Rossi, and Mirco Musolesi. "Coding Together at Scale: GitHub as a Collaborative Social Network." In ICWSM. 2014.
14. Rossi, Luca, and Andrea Torsello. "Coarse-to-fine skeleton extraction for high resolution 3D meshes." Computer Vision and Image Understanding 118 (2014): 140-152.
15. Rossi, Luca, Andrea Torsello, Edwin R. Hancock, and Richard C. Wilson. "Characterizing graph symmetries through quantum jensen-shannon divergence." Physical Review E 88, no. 3 (2013): 032806.
Improving Search Engines Using Machine Learning, KTP (Innovate UK), £218,245, 2018-2020
Using Data Analytics to Predict Debtor Payment Behaviours, KTP (Innovate UK), £122,613, 2017-2019
Organizing Committee Member
17th IAPR S+SSPR, Padova, Italy, September 2020 (co-chair)
1st ICPR Workshop on Pattern Recognition in Intelligent Financial Analysis and Risk Management, Beijing, China, August 2018 (co-chair)
1st Int. Workshop on Similarity-Based Pattern Recognition, Venice, Italy, 2011 (organizing committee)
I’m looking for highly motivated PhD students, research assistants, and postdoctoral researchers to join my lab at the Southern University of Science and Technology (SUSTech), Shenzhen, China. Established in 2011, SUSTech (http://www.sustc.edu.cn/ ) is one of the fastest growing institutions in the world and it’s based in what has been dubbed as the Silicon Valley of China.
Depending on the position, applicants should have demonstrable experience of working in one or more of the following areas: machine learning, particularly structural pattern recognition and/or deep learning for structured data, data/network science, and quantum information. For prospective PhD students, a strong mathematical background and a solid knowledge of machine learning are required.
For further details and to learn about the available funding opportunities, interested applicants should contact Dr. Luca Rossi (rossil_at_sustc.edu.cn) or Ms. Xiaolin Yang (yangxl3_at_mail.sustc.edu.cn). Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the positions are filled.