◆ 2007–2011 Doctor of Philosophy in Computer Science, University of Birmingham
◆ 2002–2003 Master of Science (Advanced) in Computer Science, University of Newcastle
◆ 1999–2002 Bachelor of Science (Hons) in Computational Physics and Software Engineering,
University of Hong Kong
◆ 2017–Present,Assistant Professor, Sounthern University of Science and Techonology, China
◆ 2014–2017 Assistant Professor, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
◆ 2012–2014 Research Fellow, IBM Research, Ireland and Irish Research Council, Dublin
◆ 2007 Lecturer Hong Kong Institute of Vocational Education, Hong Kong
◆ 2004–2007 Research Associate, Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Hong Kong
Honors & Awards
◆ 2015，19th Annual Best of Computing Article, for the article “Space-Time Algorithms for
Interest Management in Distributed Virtual Environments”, ACM Computing Reviews
◆ 2011，Fellowship Award, Enterprise Partnership, Irish Research Council
◆ 2011，Best Paper Award, for the paper “A Parallel Interest Matching Algorithm for Distributed-
Memory Systems”, at the 15th IEEE/ACM International Symposium on Distributed
Simulation and Real Time Applications (DS-RT 2011)
◆ 2007，Full Overseas PhD Scholarship, University of Birmingham
◆ 2006，Silver Award, for the game engine “Lucid Platform”, from the China Association of
Inventions at the 16th China National Invention Exhibition
◆ 2005，Best Papers, for the paper “Lucid Platform: Applying HLA DDM to Multiplayer Online
Game Middleware”, at the 3rd International Game Design and Technology Workshop and
conference (GDTW 2005)
1. Elvis S. Liu and Georgios K. Theodoropoulos. Space-Time Algorithms for Interest Management in Distributed Virtual Environments. ACM Transactions on Modeling and Computer Simulation (TOMACS). Vol 24, Issue 3, No. 15. May 2014. Selected as a “Best of Computing” article in 2014 by ACM Computing Reviews.
2. Elvis S. Liu and Georgios K. Theodoropoulos. Interest Management for Distributed Virtual Environments: A Survey. ACM Computing Surveys. Vol 46, Issue 4, No. 51. April 2014.
3. Elvis S. Liu and Georgios K. Theodoropoulos. Parallel Interest Matching: An Adaptive Load Balancing Approach for Distributed-Memory Systems. Journal of Simulation. 2014. To appear.
4. Elvis S. Liu, Milo K. Yip and Gino Yu. Lucid Platform: Applying HLA DDM to Multiplayer Online Game Middleware. ACM Computers in Entertainment, Vol. 4, Issue 4, No. 9. October 2006.
5. Milo K. Yip, Elvis S. Liu, Man K. Cheung, Ricky M. Lung and Gino Yu. Design Decisions in Game Middleware Development: Experiences from Lucid Platform. Game Creation Magazine, GC Networks. January 2006.