Oversea Joint Program
SUSTC-NUS Joint PhD ProjectTime：2016-09-19 21:20:00
Basic study term for PhD candidates is 4 years, during which they’ll study doctoral courses in NUS in the 1st and 4th years, and return to SUSTC to study remaining doctoral courses and complete assigned subject of scientific research in SUSTC in the remaining years, and finally be conferred Doctorate by NUS.
Funding Method: SUSTC and NUS will fund each PhD candidate with full scholarship and partial living allowance, to an amount to be determined;
Interest of Admission: All disciplines to which SUSTC are oriented;
Applicants’ Qualification: English level: TOEFL or IELTS total scores, as well as GRE or GMAT grades, or participated in English level test organized by NUS; any applicant graduated from top-10 universities in mainland China will be exempted from English level test; for details, refer to the requirements of NUS for doctoral admission by visiting the pages of various disciplines.
Procedures for Application
An applicant is required to prepare application materials and submit the same in electronic format to his/her selected SUSTC school/department. After preliminary section by SUSTC school/department by which the applicant is chosen as a candidate, the applicant will be interviewed jointly by SUSTC and UM. Once joint interview is satisfied, the applicant should complete online application with overseas university in cooperation with the project, and qualified applicant will finally be admitted.
1. Preparation of Application Materials (Download relevant forms in the column “Download Application Form”)
1. Registration Form of Applicants as PhD Candidates for Joint Training by SUSTC and Overseas University
2. Resume or CV (In English)
3. Research Plan (Not more than 2000 words in English)
4. Personal Presentation (Not more than 2000 words in English)
5. Letter of Recommendation of two copies (In English)
6. Scanned copy of transcript (Bearing the stamp of Dean’s Office of the university from which the applicant has been graduated, or seal of personnel administration by which the applicant’s personal data is kept, any other seal shall be invalidated)
Scanned copy of transcript indicating the grades of English Test (TOEFL/IETLS and etc)
8. Scanned copy of ID Card
9. Scanned copy of certificate of degree/diploma, documents certifying information on academic degree and school roll from the website about Online Certificates or Diplomas Inquiries and Verifications by the Ministry of Education of PRC and Statement on Qualification Recognition and Verification by the Ministry of Education of PRC, for more details, please visithttp://www.chsi.com.cn/ (Fresh graduates are required to submit scanned copy of Certificate of Studying, submit document proving their degree after pre-admission, and register admission after said certificate and documents are verified authentication)
10. Other materials supporting application (e.g. Thesis, academic paper or other publications published on scientific research journals or session, paten(s), certificate of honor(s), professional certificate(s) and the like in scanned format)
Note: If the applicant is unable to submit above materials, please attach a written statement on the cause thereof. Authenticity and correctness of all supporting documents, including certificate of degree/diploma, must be ensured, and the applicant who submits forged application materials will be binding to any consequence.
2. Submission of Application Materials
The project of joint training of PhD candidates by SUSTC and overseas university recruits students all the year for admission in Jan and Sep in each year. The applicants may submit application materials at any time.
2. Requirements for Submission
The application is required to submit application materials in electronic format to his/her selected school/department (Send by compressed file)
Format of Email Title: overseas joint training project: SUSTC school/department-the applicant’s full name
Any email not be entitled as above shall be dismissed.
3. Preliminary Assessment of School/Department
Depending on diverse requirements of the project, the applicant may accept written exam, interview of telephone interview by SUSTC tutor.
4. Joint Interview
An applicant passed screening of application materials and preliminary exam (If arranged) will accept joint interview of SUSTC and overseas university.
5. Official Online Application
An applicant passed joint interview will make official online application on the website of overseas university.
6. Contact Information
ZHANG, Xuefeng (+86)755-88018539 email@example.com